Monday 11 October 2010

Well, this is it!

Blimey, after months and months of fundraising and training, the time has finally come to go and climb the mountain!

I've limped towards the finish line, just about running out of enthusiasm for walking again on my own for hours on end and going to the gym and swimming etc. It kind of takes the fun out of it when you have to do it. Saying that, I've enjoyed it mostly, it's just that, when I see the finish line, I tend to slow up a bit!

But I did manage 60 lengths of the pool this week and a 5 hour walk yesterday so it's not like I've done NOTHING!

My bag is mostly packed, and I seem to have lots of last minute jobs to do - like emailing everyone and updating my BLOG.

Thanks for checking in with me and a great big THANK YOU to everyone who has supported me.

I'll update this again on the 23rd October, the day I get home and very soon after that (maybe even the same day) will put a more detailed report of the trek on here.

I'll try to post the itinary on here tomorrow before I go. Think of me on summit day as that will be the really hard one - the 20th October. Your thoughts will be much appreciated.

I'm very excited!

WOW

Deborah x

No comments:

Post a Comment