Wednesday 29 September 2010

latest.......

This weekend I walked for 9 hours and I did 22 and a half miles cross country. I swam a mile yesterday too.

I was feeling so excited and really looking forward to the trek and then I had a real wobble after reading Sian Lloyds article in the Mail on Sunday. I rang Charity Challenge and felt a bit better after speaking to them and having the swim.

I went shopping yesterday and got more bits and pieces like water bottles, alarm clock, head torch and now I'm back to feeling really excited again!

A lady who has just come back from Kilimanjaro is emailing me and that's been very reassuring. Many people trek to the top of Kilimanjaro, so it makes you feel as though it will all be ok, but what we have to remember is that everyone really struggles to get there, however fit or strong they are! Even hard-core rugby players!!!

With under two weeks to go now, I'm literally counting down the days...... I wish I was going tomorrow !

1 comment:

  1. Hey my friend I am sending you all the love and luck and best of everything in the world, you are AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!! Thinking of you all the way girly, I have known you since you were 11 !! You're still crazy and nuts and I am sooooooooo proud of you xxx Luv u Debs xxxxxxxxxx Will be thinking of you all the way honey xxxxxxxxx Rose xxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete